"Umid" Support to Social Development Public Union ("Umid" SSD PU) started implementation of "Rural Sustainable Development Initiative” (RSDI) project under financial support of the European Union in January, 2014. RSDI project implemented within 26 months and help national economic development with the commercial, high-quality, competitive development of the fruit, dry fruit, berry and dairy sectors, increasing of farmers and young people capacity building living in the area, expanding employment opportunities and creation of service sectors involvement of the central and local authorities, community and the private sector in Guba Khachmaz region.
Overall objective: Advancing the sustainable development of rural areas in Guba-Khachmaz economic zone (Guba, Gusar, Khachmaz and Shabran regions) through an economic development model that integrates agriculture and non-agriculture sectors. Direct beneficiaries of the project are individual farms, entrepreneurs, farmers, small dairy associations, target community members as well as women, youth and more vulnerable groups engaged in the production and processing of fruits, berries and dairy products.
The main objectives of project implementation are:
- Strengthened rural development institutions support communities’ sustainable development in rural areas of Guba-Khachmaz economic zone;
- Agriculture production increased and diversified in a sustainable way in rural areas of Guba-Khachmaz economic zone and;
- Non-agricultural small enterprise activities in Guba-Khachmaz rural areas increased and sources for household income diversified.
- Social infrastructure improved in remote areas;
- Youth’s integration to the urban areas and other regions decreased;
- Income of people raised in target communities;
- New value adding performance fields created;
- Target community members have improved access to basic services;
- At least 1500 people raised their skills through consultations and trainings.